Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I love owning my own HOME!!!!

We just finished the two little rooms upstairs.   I thought it was about time that I posted all the fun home improvement Rob and I have been doing.

For  anyone who know me, I love color.  I'm not sure if Rob knew what he was getting into when I could paint the walls any color I wanted but I think he likes the end result.

First the Living Room:

Red -  it is quite bold but I like it.  We had to get couch covers because our couches are green.  It was great for the Christmas Season but not all year. (-:   The picture of Christ works perfectly above our mantle - Thanks Mom and Dad V.

This is the other side of the Living Room.  Its not as exciting unless you notice the small chain hanging on the side - Yes that's Lincolns birth chain and it is getting smaller - YEAH!


There are still things I want to do for this room - a rug, nice desk chair, paint the book shelf - but all in good time.





The Kitchen:


We painted a Yellow accent wall in the kitchen.  You can see the kitchen from the living room so it need to be a color that went well with the red.  I love yellow its such a happy color.

You only get one picture of the kitchen because there is a big sewing mess behind me and I didn't want that documented. (-:

We did the Kitchen and Living room the month we moved in - November but its taken a while to get it decorated.


Play Room:
I love how this room turned out! 

I divided the room into three main areas: 
 the creative/art corner, the toys/pretend area/ and the reading corner
The best part of the room is all the things I found at the thrift store or made - the little white table, an old entertainment center that I remodeled, and the ball decorations.  All I want to do for this room is put a rod in one of the entertainment compartments to hang dress up clothes and place a mirror on the wall.
 Abigail loves playing in this room

 Sleeping Room:
Green - my favorite color - and it can be a girls or boy color!   The best part is the color of this green is called Testimony.  I'm sure my children are going to be so spiritual now - they sleep in room called testimony. (-:

Here is Abbie's side of the room. 

   Here is Lincoln's side of the room.

      Some other random pictures of  the room.


I really love this room - it makes me so happy to be in it.  I makes me even more excited for Little Lincoln to arrive! 



7 comments:

  1. I love the colors!! The green room is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! thanks for sharing pics, someday we'll make it down to see it in person. I love the payroom and what a cute bed room for your littles!
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit I am feeling jealousy at this very moment. I love love the colors. I'm so excited to see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammie, it looks wonderful! Make sure to thank that great man of yours for all the painting and work. You have a good eye for color and design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so beautiful. I love all the colors. That is a perfect green. So excited for the second occupant to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute! I also love the green. Of course your kids will be spiritual- you ALWAYS are :) Hope you guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite part is the little reading corner. I want one just like it for me!

    ReplyDelete