It all started when Rob took me out on a date on Friday Night. Some friends offered to stay with Lincoln and Abbie while we went out for ice cream. While we were eating a Sheriffs Truck and cop car pulled up behind our parked car. It was of little concern because Rob knows all the police force in Kanab. But then it was me they wanted to see. The officer explained that I had a ticket from Salt Lake that I never paid. It went to a warrant and now had a $500 bond attached to it. I didn't recall any ticket. One of the officers said that they had ran by our house and our friends told them where we would be. They also said that they would need to take me into the station and Rob would need to go to and ATM and get $500 dollars to bail me out. Then the handcuffs came out. Apparently it is protocol that they had to cuff me but said they would only cuff me in front and not in the back - how kind! So with cuffs on I got in the Sheriffs truck and off we went to Jail. When they started to cuff me I was a little skeptical that this wasn't a joke because I've only received one ticket in my entire life. But once in the truck I was asked all my information which he wrote in his computer and then he called in to dispatch to let them know we were coming. I didn't know what to think then. The officer asked me if I had paid the one ticket that I received on line - I had - then he said that sometimes the computer doesn't work and that was probably the problem. When we reached the Jail I realized what was going on. Kane county had just finished building a brand new jail and they were having a sort of open house for the public. Rob had signed us up to spend a night in Jail!
It was so much fun. Don't ask me why but spending a night in Jail has always been on my buck list. I never thought I would get to make it off. And now I do!
THANKS ROBERT!!!
PS -I am reformed Jail Bird. The beds were terrible I would suggest to everyone to try to avoid them! (-:
I have to say that spending the night in jail is not on my bucket list, but I'm glad you got to check it off yours.
ReplyDeleteWow. I was reading and kept saying "You got to be kidding me" and "no way!" Josh kept asking, "What is it? What does it say?"
ReplyDeleteThe story was told very well. I am jealous of my jail bird sister; however, deep down I knew you'd end up in jail if only for one night.
Mom called me in a big huff and told me that I had to look at your blog because you had gone to jail! My heart literally sank into my shoes as I ran up the stairs to check the computer! Tammy? A secret criminal that we didn't know about?!? What about the kids?!?!? What about Rob's job and Tammy's calling? Haha, I guess the joke's on me... I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. :)
ReplyDeleteI am laughing so hard right now. Love it. I am so glad you were able to cross that off your bucket list :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Coolest story ever!
ReplyDeleteTammie Spam!!! I loved this post - spending a night in jail is on my list, too but I would definitely prefer your way of doing it. We need to chat sometime. Do you ever get on Skype anymore? I miss you!
ReplyDeleteTammie Tammie Tammie. I don't think I ever imagined any of my kids in jail. I can't imagine why it was on you bucket list because it gives me the creeps. But I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)
ReplyDelete